Costa Rica Honeymoons & Romantic Getaways
Costa Rica Escapes blends a perfect amount of adventure, nature and relaxation in our honeymoon and romantic itinerary options. We understand that everyone is different, and these itineraries offer couples the opportunity to pick and choose the level of adventure that they would like to include on their special trip. There will be plenty of time to relax on the beach and around the pool, but a trip to Costa Rica is not complete without an excursion or two to experience the rainforest jungle. Based on your desired level of adventure, we will make recommendations to ensure your activities are personalized. We use small, personalized properties that are private and geared towards couples that want to have a romantic experience. Each property has spacious rooms with large bathrooms and even the occasional outdoor shower and/or private plunge pool.
Our Costa Rica Honeymoon & Romantic Getaway Itineraries
The following itineraries are meant for adventurous couples who want to fully experience the country of Costa Rica. These itineraries work very well for honeymooners, those celebrating anniversaries or any other special occasion like a birthday or retirement. The levels of activity and amounts of relaxation can be customized to your desire as a couple! Review our Costa Rica family honeymoon and romantic getaway itineraries below, or customize your own trip.
Arenal -> Manuel Antonio or Playa Hermosa
This is our most popular & inclusive Costa Rica couple’s vacation. This is great for a first-time trip to Costa Rica. With this itinerary you will have the chance to experience the rainforest, cloud forest, & hidden beaches! During the day you can go rafting, take a canyoning excursion, go horseback riding or trek deep into the jungle. You will experience up-scale accommodations, soak in natural geo-thermal hot springs and relax on the beach as you take in the gorgeous sunsets that the Pacific Coast offers!
Drake Bay -> Turrialba -> Pacuare River
This itinerary is great for couple’s looking to get off the beaten path and experience a newer side of Costa Rica. There is a wide array of jungle environments visited on this romantic adventure itinerary. You and your significant other will experience various primary rainforest preserves as well as some of the countries most incredible national parks. The overnight Pacuare River rafting experience takes you deep into the jungle over thrilling class III & IV rapids for a romantic night in a private cabin deep within the rainforest. You’ll take a scenic in-country flight to the far away Osa Peninsula after the rafting. Your time in Drake Bay will be spent in a beautiful lodge overlooking the Pacific Ocean just footsteps from private & secluded beaches for you to explore.
Turrialba -> Pacuare River -> Puerto Viejo or Cahuita
Explore the less-visited Talamanca Mountains on the Caribbean Slope with this incredible Costa Rican adventure that explores the Eastern side of Costa Rica. With this trip you’ll take time to explore the mountains before an amazing rafting experience towards the Caribbean Ocean on the world-famous Rio Pacuare. After your night spent in the jungle lodge in the rainforest, you will continue to the southern Caribbean Coast where you will take time to explore the hidden beaches and tide pools while soaking in the Costa Rican reggae & Afro-Caribbean culture.
Start Planning Your All-Inclusive Costa Rica Honeymoon/Romantic Getaway!
Steps to Secure Your Honeymoon, Anniversary or Romantic trip to Costa Rica
There are numerous ways to collaborate with Costa Rica Escapes and secure your couple’s romantic itinerary. The bulleted points outlined below can give you an idea of what you need to do in order to move forward in the process. Throughout the process, you can always call or email your Costa Rica Escapes’ Itinerary Designer; (s)he is a resource to you throughout this process and should be contacted as questions and feedback arise.
1. Call (314) 808-7232 or Contact Us via Email
Review our itineraries. Let us know within an email or phone call what you like and want to learn more about. Tell us about your desired travel experience: Who is going? What time of year? Duration of your travels? We can begin discussing ideas to personalize the vacation itinerary to your needs.
2. Itinerary Design Procedure
A telephone call is an integral part of the communication process at the beginning. We understand these trips are a big deal and large investments. We want to personally speak with you to ensure that our upscale services are a good match for your perceived travel style. Our itinerary design team is available as your schedule dictates and can speak on the weekends and into the evenings. Once a 10-15 minute introductory phone call has happened, your Itinerary Designer will begin to work and send you a recommended preliminary itinerary & price range to review.
3. Sample Itineraries & Revisions
After follow-up discussions, our itinerary design team will continue to personalize the vacation’s inclusions and price point. Our itinerary design team will continue to create and email samples & revised itineraries to you for follow-up conversations. This process continues throughout the time leading up to your trip. You will be notified of due dates and deadlines for your itinerary’s inclusions.
4. Flight and Airline Info
Costa Rica Escapes does not package airfare into our itineraries for the travelers that we work with. We can pass along advice and suggestions on how to secure the best airfare during the process, but it will be up to you to purchase and send us this information. You do not have to have your airfare purchased before or after you contact us. You can call us after or before the airline tickets have been purchased. We are flexible and will tailor the trip around your flights’ schedule.
5. Deposit and Applications
When you are comfortable moving forward with an itinerary and price we will request a deposit and application to secure the elements included in your itinerary. We will arrange for a deposit schedule and request an amount sufficient to move forward. Once a deposit is sent and received, the details for your itinerary can be shared with you for your personal review.
6. Confirmation of Reservations for Accommodations
When a deposit has been received, CRE will verify availability and share the details of the accommodations with you. At this point, you can reconfirm and review these accommodations. We’ll expect you to give us feedback. This gives all of us a chance to follow-up on the accommodations and make changes, if necessary. CRE takes a lot of time and energy to research the accommodations that we use as partners. We almost always exceed expectations in this regard. If not, we have alternative ideas to present and discuss.
7. Detailed Itinerary Emailed One Week Before Your Trip
Seven days (one week) before your trip’s departure date, you will receive a day-to-day, detailed, Costa Rica vacation itinerary, which outlines and gives you all of the information and instructions that you need to go on your self-guided, Costa Rica vacation trip.
Common Questions from Couples Traveling to Costa Rica
- Is Costa Rica a safe place to visit? – Yes, Costa Rica is extremely safe for couples. Costa Rica continues to grow in popularity with honeymooners and couples looking for a romantic escape. Hospitals, Healthcare facilities and private clinics with professional and bilingual staff are widespread and located in most areas of the country. There is no military is Costa Rica and almost no violent crime exists. Travel insurance policies and providers are easily available and quite reputable. Adventure suppliers, transportation companies and other outfitters and are well regulated. Guides and hosts of tourism activities and adventure sports are well educated and resourceful. As is the case with most things, it is crucial to use appropriate resources to assist you to connect you with appropriate and best available services.
- Is it safe to drive in Costa Rica? Yes, but it is recommended that you use professional drivers and utilize private, semi-private or public transportation in order to decrease stress & level of responsibility on your vacation. We strongly recommend that you do not rent a car to navigate on your own. Rules of the road and driving habits in Costa Rica are very different than other places. Signs and lights on roads are not reliable and roads are quite narrow.
- Should we purchase airfare before contacting CRE? This is not required, but is fine if you have done so. Airfare can be purchased at any time during conversations with CRE. We will help you in the airfare purchasing process with industry related advice and suggestions, but we do not purchase airfare for our travelers.
- Which airport(s) in Costa Rica should we travel to & from? There are two major international airports in Costa Rica. There are options to use one airport or both on your travels. This is based on the type of experience that you want to create for your trip. We have some creative ideas and thoughts on this that we can share with you in the planning process.
- LIR, Liberia, Guanacaste: located in the Pacific Northwest portion
- SJO, San Jose, Juansantamaria located in the center of the country just west of the capital
- Do you offer travel insurance? Yes, based on years of experience traveling to Costa Rica, we have a suggested provider that we promote for travelers to Costa Rica. We can share this with you in the planning process.
- Is there an emergency, in-country contact? Yes, along with an in-country contact, you will have all information for all of the suppliers that you will be working with during your travels.