Punta Islita – La Fortuna – Monteverde
Costa Rica Rainforest Tour Itinerary
Looking to tour Costa Rica’s magical rainforests? We have the local knowledge to help you safely explore one of the most incredible places on earth!
Day 1 – 4: Whisk away to the Crystalline Water of the Pacific
A short flight to the remote beaches of the Central Nicoya Peninsula will deliver you to the lap of luxury surrounded in natural beauty. In this exclusive hotel on the West Coast you can choose to spend your day learning how to surf, touring a Costa Rica rainforest, or pampering yourself at the spa. Take the opportunity to volunteer at a local school or find a good book and relax at the beach.
Day 4 – 6: Active Volcano & Rainforest Adventures
There is something for everyone in the Arenal and La Fortuna area. Discover the abnormally, blue waters that flow through the rivers and waterfalls deep in this Costa Rica rainforest. Learn about the history of the Arenal Volcano as you take a guided horseback ride or hike through the National Park. Learn to windsurf on Lake Arenal or take a mountain bike ride on the trails that line this scenic body of water. Nighttime is a great time to soak in the natural geothermal hot springs and reflect on the day’s adventures.
Day 6 – 8: Explore Monteverde’s unique Cloud Forest Eco-System
After a scenic boat ride across Lake Arenal and a 4×4 jeep ride up into the mountains, you’ll arrive to Santa Elena & Monteverde. This unique cloud forest environment offers exceptional birding and other Costa Rica wildlife viewing possibilities. Learn about the unique history of this Quaker-settled area and watch the locals as they make cheese and other dairy products for which they are known.
Stats & Facts: Costa Rica Rainforest Tours
- Inclusions: Private Transportation, All Accommodations, 2 Tours or Adventure Excursions, All Breakfasts and some Dinners and Lunches
- Arrival and Departure Airport: Liberia International Airport, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- Trip Type: Family, Small Group, Honeymoon
Trips are customized to fit all types of budgets
Highlights: Costa Rica Wildlife, Rainforest Animals & Hot Springs!
- Nature-lovers special = volcanoes, birds & other wildlife
- Rainforest and National Park exploration with naturalists
- Thermal Hot Springs & Spa
- Adventure = surfing, snorkeling, white-water rafting, zipline / canopy tour